PCC

I'm on my way to the PCC conference. It's a great opportunity to meet people not just working in theatre but also in performance art, dance, & multi-disciplinary work. "Performance Creation Canada is a nationwide network dedicated to the nourishment, management and study of performance creation in Canada, and the ecology in which it flourishes."

But what I really want to highlight is the brilliance of the scheduling. Last night was a meet-and-greet starting at 5pm, followed by opportunities to see performances and a party. Today starts at the civilized time of 11am with a waffle breakfast that gives people like me who weren't attending last night a chance to register without rush while the partiers can roll in when they can. Tonight's the keynote plus performance, and then the meat of the work is done over the weekend.

I love that as someone who works weekends I can still participate, while those who have to take on 9 to 5 jobs can also participate. Philip Akin asked a while back why he couldn't get people out to Obsidian's international playwrights forum and I really think scheduling had a lot to do with it. I will be curious to see what attendance will be like for this conference.

Comments