Is incense addiction a thing?

 



I've been agonizing about what a new post topic should be. Then this little craziness popped into my head so I'm going with it.

Now, I've got a few addictions going on. My out of control tea collection (that may be another post), my oracle card collection (just ordered a new deck today which got me on this topic), and my energy MP3 collection. Not to mention my music collection that is at 150 GB (that's 23,500 files) and counting. (That's not considered an addiction, right? Just being an audiophile.)

Seriously, the pic above represents 400 incense sticks. Does anyone need 400 incense sticks? And yet I love the Morning Star ones so much I want to buy all the smells. You see, they are perfect. Burn for 30 minutes - perfect for my morning ritual. Not that smoky. Don't have bamboo at the end so not wasteful. Come with their own ceramic stand. And they smell wonderful.

Yet I do have this other set, from Ganesha's Garden in Kaslo, BC. I found them while looking for something to bump me up for free shipping. I was fascinated by the Goddess incense and I really should have stopped there. But you know how it goes. "Rain? I love the smell of rain. And orange? I love orange fragrance. Oh, I can't decide. I'll just order all of them." 

Forgetting that each is a pack of 100. 🤦

I do love the Goddess. It's great for when I do longer rituals. Rain is nice every once and a while but I'm not jazzed by it. The Sweet Orange is disappointing to me because of what I was expecting. It is good quality incense so if someone out there wants either one of them, hit me up. 

Seriously, I burn a stick a day. Do I really need a year's worth of incense in one go?

Comments