Well isn't that a kick in the pants

Photo by Kyle Glenn on Unsplash

The last two nights I've been on a business webinar by Driven INC, hosted by Suzanne Evans (I'm currently reading her book The Way You Do Anything Is The Way You Do Everything). There was tons of great information but most importantly, I came to realize two things.

1. Suzanne emphasized how being in business is about solving problems. That's not what I'm here to do. What's become very clear through my daily meditation the last couple of weeks is that I'm here to bring joy.

The way I easily do that is through music. I can't tell you how many times I've been out dancing and I've been told people just love to watch me because so I obviously love what I'm doing. And when I sing, I get chills down my spine, even in practice. That's something I can't ignore.

My personal daily card readings have been hammering home stepping into my creativity, accepting that I'm an artist, and put my focus there. It's been a message I've been resisting because I have felt I'm not good enough to do music professionally.

Photo by Bogomil Mihaylov on Unsplash

I've also been getting messages to get back to writing for fun. I ran across some unfinished fan fiction on my old hard drive and it's really good. I know I've missed writing it. I just haven't felt a story coming on. Yet as a teenager being a writer was my dream. So I need to let my teenage self come out and play a bit. I love writing vignettes. Maybe I can create a book out of them? Or get them out into the world somehow?

Also, time to actually start looking for collaborators for the shows I want to do. Have no idea how they are going to happen, but I do know that the act of starting brings things to you.

Photo by Green Chameleon on Unsplash

2. I'm not cut out to run a business. Yes, the idea of having my own business is wonderful - setting my own hours, helping people, having control. But looking at the work that has to be put in to be successful just exhausted me, even more than working for a living does.

It means letting go of the idea of being a coach. It's tempting because I am good at it and people make a good living at it. It was really a safe place to go. However, that's not where my focus needs to be.

I'm still keeping The Listening Post and the oracle parties because they are things I love doing. I figured out that the people who need The Listening Post the most are Mental Projectors like me - but that's another post. I just now know I can't build a living doing them. And that's ok.

Photo by Michael Roach on Unsplash

So I am trusting that the right position is there for me, that the money I need is coming, that things are going to be wonderful even though I can't see how. If you know of a part-time position that would be perfect for me, let me know! I'm at a definite disadvantage due to my age and professional background so I need my network (that means you) to help me along.

And if I can help you along, let me know too! Something that does bring me joy is helping other people realize their dreams so if I can help I am more than happy to.

I'm still going to keep doing my card of the day (found on the One Big Umbrella Facebook page and my personal Instagram account) and my song of the day (found on my Facebook music page) because both those things bring me joy. It is my hope that my joy gives you joy too.

Comments