Finally! A launch!

Photo by Park Troopers on Unsplash

Yes, the launch that I was talking about last fall hit all kinds of glitches. In that time, I've been able to take a break from MoMondays and spend time with dear friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in a long time. And I got to hang out with other MoHosts too! It's all been very revitalizing.

I really needed to start spending more time doing things that bring me joy. To that end, I'm now using Facebook for two daily features. On my music page, I have gone back to posting a song that I like each day. Most of the time I'm able to find something interesting to say about it. On the one big umbrella page, I've started pulling a daily oracle card. I've also mostly remembered to post the card on my personal Instagram too. Feel free to follow all or none. (I don't like how Twitter encourages harassment and they've now made the notifications useless so I'm not using my accounts there except to post blog links.)

I really enjoy working with oracle cards - I've been doing daily personal readings for almost a year now. So I've decided to offer to read for other people and see how it goes. You can read more here.

Photo by gdtography on Unsplash

The big offer came out of a discussion with Matt Andrews (btw, you really want to go to his abundance retreat in Mexico in March) who talked about how he started his facilitation career by doing body work and just holding a loving space for the person he was working on. That gave me the idea for The Listening Post. In essence I (and hopefully a team when it grows) hold a loving space and an attentive ear for someone to talk about the things they've been afraid to tell anyone in their life, or even acknowledge to themselves. It's a way for them to talk things out and clear it out of their minds and bodies.

If they want to get some perspective, I am willing to share my wisdom and perceptions, since sometimes it helps to know what another person hears. It may not be what was intended. I have been planning to move into life coaching but this is something I can do with the abilities I have now, before I acquire all the tools to truly guide someone. One of the things I love most is being there for someone who is going through something tough and this way I can.

I suspect it will work better with people I don't know than with my friends and acquaintances, so I'm intending that it gets spread far and wide, with my friends helping in that process. And if it turns out there isn't a need for it, I've gone through the process of putting something out there with absolutely no financial resources.

It's served me already.

Comments