On Stuff

white candle meditation ritual_TheSassyNation.jpg
So much has happened since the last time I blogged that it's really quite overwhelming to talk about. Suffice to say, everything in my life is different. We moved my mom into long-term care and sold the family home so that my dad will be able to move into the adjoining retirement residence, which is under construction. He's now staying with my sister. I've moved back to Toronto to a great place with a friend who works pretty well as a roommate.

I'm trying to figure out the next chapter, how I'm going to make money and how I'm going to live authentically. Right now I have this huge cough that won't go away (the doctor didn't see anything other than a viral infection that needs to run its course) so I'm writing in the hopes that it will break the logjam that is holding me here. Any time I get really sick it has more to do with what's going on with me spiritually than physical causes. Once I clear out the stuff that's really going on, I go on the mend.

So what is going on? So far, feels around aging/beyond my physical prime, intimate relationships/lack thereof, wanting to sing/do music vs financial compensation, and forgetting how to dream big and make things happen.

For a while now I've had a morning ritual where I do some kind of meditation or mantra, then I pull daily meditation cards. I note this in my journal plus any insights I've had. The cards have been talking about needing to establish rituals and find talismans to work with. I'm still figuring out how that's all going to look but I'm trying a few things now to see what works. At present, I'm working on shifting energy in my space to help shift my physical energy. Sleeping would be great!

Comments